Shalom House Online Quiz with Jerome Flynn – Friday 3rd July 2020 @ 7.30pm
Quick Quiz Guide
OK so you have seen the publicity and want to join in with the quiz on Friday.
How on earth does it work, what do I have to do?
You only need to be in one place on Friday night and that is on the Tiltify hosted quiz page, this link below:
If you click on this link now it will take you to the quiz page directly, there will be a video of Jerome introducing the quiz, it’s format and telling us about the prizes that can be won in the ‘Prize Draw’, more on that later.
On Friday night at 7.30pm this video will be replaced by a live feed broadcast of Jerome from his abode somewhere in deepest, darkest Pembrokeshire, Wales.
This is where you can watch the quiz LIVE (completely free, no donations, no sign ups) for the duration. However as he is kindly giving up his Friday night we would be really really grateful if you can spare any money to donate to such a good cause. CLICK the GREEN button!
Jerome will be your quiz master. He will host the quiz, ask all the questions, give all the answers and do some shout outs somewhere in between! You cannot talk back to Jerome, it is a one-way broadcast, just like you are watching him on the TV. It is all in the name of a bit of fun!
Jerome will be testing your general knowledge, 6 rounds of questions with 8 questions per round!
These will include one round on Game of Thrones, a David Attenborough Natural History round and a Welsh themed round (we are based in West Wales, after all!)
How to Play
There are many different scenarios for you to join in and play the quiz:
1. Click the link, watch the quiz, play along and write your answers down and mark them as Jerome gives the answers at the end of each round. Total your scores up at the end of the quiz and feel smug on how well you did (hopefully).
2. Ramp it up and get some teams involved, maybe other family members in your own household (still observing social distancing rules). Do the above.
3. Go into full lockdown mode and get a Zoom meeting setup with family and friends everywhere. To do this, choose one of you to be the Zoom host, everyone join the meeting room, the host can then hit the quiz link and share their screen in zoom to everyone else. Everyone can then play along via your Zoom meeting. It will be just like your Saturday night zoom quiz nights but with Jerome asking the questions. (Please note we cannot offer any support for Zoom or any other meeting app).
4. Go full interactive mode. When the quiz starts there will be a CHAT box available underneath the viewing area for the quiz. Click on the word CHAT and you can chat away with other like minded chatty people during the quiz, compare scores, discuss how handsome your host is, we don’t mind, just keep it clean. There will be moderators in the chat room and we don’t want to spend the evening banning people.
How do I use the chat function? To participate, you need to be signed into Twitch (who run the chatroom function). You’ll be prompted to set up an account if you don’t already have one. Just write something into the chat space, press enter and if you’re not logged in you should be prompted to set up an account. Click the purple ‘Log in’ button and a pop-up window appears. Enter your login details or click ‘Sign up’ to register. If you’re registering, you will need to verify your account by entering a code sent to you in the confirmation email from Twitch – this might appear in your Junk Folder. Then you’re all set and ready to chat!
See the FAQs section
on the quiz details page on this website for more information on using the features on Tiltify to interact with others on the quiz.
During the quiz Jerome will randomly select messages from people in the chat, you could be lucky and he will do a ‘shout out’ for you. Please say who you are, where you are from and give the content of the shout out and who it is for.
The Prize Draw
If you are able to, please donate £5 to take part (or however much you can afford). For every £5.00 you donate we will add one entry into our Prize Draw. The more you can donate the greater chance of winning! Donations can be made anytime (before, during and after the quiz). Please CLICK the GREEN button! You can also text SHALOM (followed by amount in numbers) to 70085. For example Text SHALOM 5 to 70085 to donate £5.00
(Texts cost donation amount plus standard network rate. Shalom House receives 95% of your donation.)
The Prizes are:
– one nights stay at the fabulous Twr Y Felin Hotel in St Davids, West Wales. https://www.twryfelinhotel.com/rooms
(Ts&Cs One night room only stay at Twr y Felin Hotel for two adults sharing a double or twin room. Subject to availability at the time of booking. Excludes School, Bank Holidays and Valentines. COVID Secure adjustments to service standards will be in place. Guests will be required to adhere to our COVID Secure requirements.)
– one ‘Single’ blanket of the winners choice from the Melin Tregwynt online store up to the retail value of £239.00.
– one of three signed photographs of Bronn from Game of Thrones. Jerome will agree to sign this with any text you wish.
– one five minute video chat with Jerome – one to one. You can ask him any questions you like (except any that are too personal), on Game of Thrones, his career or anything else you want to talk about!
Make a donation, if you can, on the quiz page to help Shalom House Palliative Care Centre. Shalom House care for patients diagnosed with life-limiting illness at this unprecedented time of need. We are a non-denominational registered charity – our name means “peace.” We help people to live well with cancer and other serious conditions. We rely on the generosity of the public to deliver our care. But along with so much else this year, most of our fundraising activities have been put on hold, so we’re facing a devastating loss of funds. Please Please CLICK the GREEN button!
We want everyone to have fun, we hope you enjoy the quiz, one last time if you can afford to make any donation, large or small – THANK YOU.
Here is the link again to the quiz.
And….. DON’T FORGET ……. Please Please Please CLICK the GREEN button! 🙂